The popular crypto exchange platform-Coinbase asks its customers to verify their identity to start buying and selling several cryptocurrencies using it. This is an important step and you need to complete to start your journey on Coinbase. The way to verify the identity on Coinbase is easy and quick. You can easily upload the required documents by using a browser or Coinbase mobile app. Once you finish the process to upload the documents on Coinbase your details will be saved on Coinbase. Coinbase goes through verifying the validity of the documents and if it finds everything correct then it verifies your identity on Coinbase. So, if you are also looking for a way to Coinbase identity verification process then you have visited the right page.
In case you have uploaded an invalid document on Coinbase then you may not be able to verify your identity on Coinbase. Sometimes you may face problems such as Coinbase can’t verify identity, Coinbase could not upload your identity document, and Coinbase verify identity failed or not working during the Coinbase verification process. In such a case you need to approach the right way to fix these issues. In this post, we have also concluded the quick tips to fix these issues.
Coinbase identity verification
To prevent fraud Coinbase asks you to verify the identity from time to time. Whenever you are prompted for the identity verification on Coinbase, follow the steps that are given below:
- Sign in to your Coinbase login account
- Find the ‘Settings’ menu and tap on
- Look for the ‘Limits and Features’ option and click on it
- Here you need to choose the ‘Enable send and receive’ option
- When asked, provide the required document using the webcam or camera of your device
- Wait for a while and let Coinbase analyze the details that you have provided
After going through the above steps, your identity will be verified on Coinbase. Make sure that you are providing the valid documents that are asked by Coinbase.
Coinbase can’t verify identity
Whenever you face can’t verify the identity on Coinbase issue, do the following:
- Make sure that you are providing the valid documents
- Document photo should be clear
- The country name on your account and document should be the same
- Make sure the address is correct and it is matching with the document address
- Your age must be at least 18 years or more than this
Coinbase could not upload your identity document
If you are facing a problem uploading the document then do the following:
- Make sure that your device has an active internet connection
- The file size is according to the requirements
- The document that you are uploading is matching with the requirements
- Use a different browser or try to use Coinbase mobile app to upload the documents
Coinbase verify identity failed or not working
Whenever your verification of identity fails on Coinbase, follow these tips:
- Try to re-enter the required information
- Provide a clear photo of your document
- Ensure that the information that you have provided on Coinbase is matching with the information given in the documents
- Make sure to install the Coinbase mobile app and try to verify your Coinbase identity using it
To sum up, provide the required information on the Coinbase identity verification page by approaching the steps that are introduced above in this post by us. To go through these steps you can use a browser of your mobile or computer. If possible, try to use the Coinbase mobile app to verify the identity on Coinbase. Make sure that you have provided only those documents that are valid and asked by Coinbase otherwise your verification process may fail.
Is it safe to verify ID on Coinbase?
Yes! It is. Coinbase asks you to verify your identity to prevent fraud. When you provide the required information on Coinbase, it analyzes the documents and checks the past record as well. If it finds any misuse then it rejects the application to verify your identity.
How long does ID verification take on Coinbase?
Coinbase understands the importance of your precious time and thus it takes only 2-3 minutes to complete the verification process. If the details are incorrect then may have re-attempt the verification process.
Why do I have to verify my identity on Coinbase?
To ensure that your account is genuine and you are not involved in any criminal activities or frauds, Coinbase asks you to verify your identity. This process validates that are all the Coinbase users are not involved in any type of fraudulent activities.
How to bypass Coinbase ID verification?
If you want to buy cryptocurrencies using Coinbase then you have only one option and that is to complete the Coinbase verification process. There is no way to bypass the Coinbase ID verification process.