You want to act immediately from your Coinbase account and when you try to access it, you end up seeing a message stating that your account is temporarily disabled. The message “Coinbase account temporarily disabled” needs to be acted upon urgently if you suspect that someone had tried to hack into your account. Or, Coinbase has itself implied some restrictions on your account due to your suspicious behavior. Well, this could possibly happen due to some other reasons as well. Therefore, this must be a major cause of worry for you especially if you do not know how to lift this restriction from your account.
However, you are not the only one who is facing this problem with his Coinbase account but there are several others in the same boat as you. Therefore, we shall uncover the whole concept behind this problem and how you can come out of this problem at the earliest. Since this account restriction has been made in relation to securing your account therefore you need to take certain actions at your end to access your account once again.
Below we shall try to learn more about this error message, why do you see it on your screen, and the ways to get rid of it.
What does “Sorry, account temporarily disabled” mean?
If you ever see the message – “Sorry, Coinbase account temporarily disabled” on your screen, then this directly hints towards the fact that Coinbase is highly concerned about your account security. Since it has found out some suspicious activities made from your account, therefore, you have to work accordingly. So, below, we shall have a look at the reasons why your account has been blocked.
Factors responsible for a blocked Coinbase account
- The Coinbase security team has found out or suspects that someone other than you has tried to gain access to your account
- Apart from this, if you ever try to recover your account with the wrong information, then also you will face this problem
- At times, the user himself requests Coinbase to temporarily close his account because you came across an activity that was not done by you
Ways to get the restriction lifted
1-Reset your account password
The first thing you need to do in order to regain access to your account is to try resetting your account password. Here is how to do it:
- Open the Coinbase login page on your PC
- On the login portal, select the “Sign In” option
- Click on the “Forgot Password” option to proceed
- Enter the email address that you provided while signing up
- Hit the option labeled as “Reset Password”
- Open your mailbox and reset your password with prompted instructions
- Log back into your account and see if it works
2- Contact Coinbase
- Try to connect to the Coinbase support team
- Provide them with essential details about your account
- Tell them when you took any action on your account
- Also, tell them about the account activity that you did not recognize
- You can also provide them with any other necessary action
As a result of this, Coinbase will review the details shared by you and then take the necessary action to restore your account. However, it may take up to 10 days for the account to get the restrictions lifted.
As explained above, Coinbase may disable your account temporarily due to security concerns. Do not get worried if you ever see a message stating that “Coinbase account temporarily disabled” as the account can be unblocked easily by taking some actions for your account. We believe that we were able to help you in regaining access to your Coinbase account.