Passwords play a huge role in our digital lives. No matter which online platform you try to gain full access to, the very first thing that you are asked to do is create an account and settle on a password. This set of mixed characters restricts unauthorized access to your accounts, personal or financial. Similarly, when you enter the world of cryptocurrencies, you are asked to choose an exchange, set up an account on it, and start using its trading features. Hence, if you have chosen crypto.com as your basic crypto exchange, then you must have set a password on your account on this exchange.
However, for better security of the users’ accounts, they are always suggested to change their passwords at regular intervals so that they can ensure their account safety. We may not always know the correct procedure for doing so. Therefore, in the upcoming sections, we shall be discussing the procedure to change crypto.com password along with the crypto.com password reset process. This shall be followed by a discussion on some related topics helping you with comprehensive knowledge about your account and its password.
What is crypto passcode?
The passcode is an additional security feature provided by different crypto exchanges and wallet service providers. This passcode is a set of characters that you can use whenever you wish to gain access to the services offered on the crypto platforms. However, one should not confuse it with the seed phrase and should choose to keep the passcode details only to himself. If you ever lose your passcode or seed phrase, you will not be able to gain access to your account or wallet. So, keep it safe.
What are the crypto.com password requirements?
Well, every online platform including crypto.com has its own set of requirements that one needs to follow to create a unique and strong password. Therefore, if you are going to create an account on crypto.com, you need to keep the following requirements in mind. Your crypto.com password must contain:
- Upper case character
- Lower case character
- Special character
- One digit
Reset the crypto.com forgot password
If you have forgotten the crypto.com login password, then you need to undergo the crypto.com password reset as stated below:
- In the beginning, go to the crypto.com login website from your browser
- Find and click on the “Forgot your password?” link at the bottom left
- Input your email address in the given space and click “Submit”
- Complete the identity verification process as directed in the email
- Followed by this, you will be asked to settle on a new login password
- Make sure you fulfill the crypto.com password requirements while setting up your password and click “Change password” at the end
The process to change crypto.com login password
If you just want to set a new password to your crypto.com account for security purposes, then you can follow the password changing procedure as listed below:
- To begin the process, go to the official login website of crypto.com
- Now, log in to your account with the current login credentials
- After this, go to the “Security” menu from the “Settings”
- Click on the “Change password” option present under “Account password and 2FA”
- Read through the given message and click “Continue”
- In the appropriate fields, enter your current password, new passwords, and the authentication code
- Now, your new password will be registered with crypto.com
- You can use this password for further logins
After undergoing the crypto.com account password recovery process, let us talk about something more related to this topic that would further help you in regaining access to your account.
Why is Crypto.com password reset not working?
Since your accounts contain highly sensitive information about you, nobody will be able to reset the password of your account until the correct information is fed into the authentication system. In case you fail to verify your identity with crypto.com, the password reset procedure could not be completed. On the other hand, multiple attempts to reset your password would also result in this thing. So, make sure that you do not feed incorrect information on the login page or the password reset page if you do not wish to be blocked. On the other hand, the password reset process may also not work at times when there is a problem with the crypto.com servers.
How to reset your passcode using the recovery phrase?
If you have forgotten the passcode of your Defi wallet but have access to the 12-word secret recovery phrase, then what you can do is follow the listed steps to regain access to your wallet:
- At first, log out of the wallet and then uninstall it
- Next up, reinstall the app on your device
- Now, click on the option to “Import” the wallet
- When prompted, enter the 12-words secret recovery phrase very carefully
- Now, you can create a new passcode for accessing your account
After having a look at the crypto.com password reset process and the process to change your account password, let us now have a look at some more topics through the given “Frequently Asked Questions”. Once you have got all the details, logging in to your account would be easier for you even if you forget some of the login credentials.
How do I reset/Retrieve my crypto.com app passcode?
To reset or retrieve the passcode of your crypto.com account, all you need to do is log out of the wallet app, uninstall and reinstall it on your device. Once you have done this, you can go back to the login page and select the option to import the wallet. Next up, enter the secret recovery phrase and select a new passcode.
How to unlock crypto.com account?
If you have been locked out of your crypto.com account and now you want to regain access to your account, then what you can do is perform the crypto.com password reset process. This can be done from the crypto.com login page by authenticating your account and setting a new password.
How do I get the 6 digit code for crypto?
To get your 6-digit 2FA code on crypto, all you need to do is go to the login page, enter the login details on the same page, and then go the “Security” settings. Here, you will see the option to enable 2FA on your account where you need to provide some more details to enable 2FA.