KuCoin is one of the most recognized cryptocurrency exchanges that let you trade several digital assets. This exchange was launched in 2017 and now KuCoin has established itself in more than 207 countries with more than 10 million registered users. It also provides an industry-leading API to allow advanced investors to apply trading strategies such as algorithmic trading. Here in this post, we are going to cover the way to create a new KuCoin API key and manage it properly. If you are also looking for a way to create an API key in your KuCoin account then you can refer to the next sections of this post.
But before that, make sure that you have KuCoin email or phone and password details as you may be asked to provide these details to access your account. You can use the KuCoin mobile app or website to create an API in your KuCoin account. Now, check whether your mobile or PC has a proper internet connection or not, and then go through the next sections of this post.
How to create a Kraken API key?
Make sure that you have installed a web browser on your computer or that you are using the updated version of the KuCoin mobile app. Now, if you have the KuCoin login details then follow the steps that are given below to create a Kraken API key:
- Launch the KuCoin mobile app or go to the KuCoin.com page
- Now, you need to find the ‘API Management’ option from the top and click on it
- After that, choose the ‘Create API’ option to visit the API creation page
- Here, you are asked to configure the API name and API passphrase or password
- Now, choose the function and IP restrictions to move forward
- Once it is done, complete the security verification process
- To do so, enter the trading password in the corresponding field
- If asked, complete the Google 2FA and email verification process
- Now, click on the ‘Confirm’ button to move to the next step
- From the screen, find and click on the ‘Activate your API’ option
- Now, move to the API management page on KuCoin’s official site
- Here, you will get to know that the KuCoin API has been created successfully
After approaching the above steps, you will be able to create an API in your KuCoin account. In case you are facing any type of issue, you can contact KuCoin support for instant help.
How to find API Key KuCoin App?
If you have created a KuCoin API key, you can easily find it by visiting the KuCoin API management page. If you are not sure how to get the KuCoin API key, you can follow the steps that are given below:
- Open the KuCoin mobile app
- Visit the KuCoin API management page
- Now, you need to click on the ‘Find my API’ option
- After that, the API will be shown on your screen
- Now, you can copy the API to use it
- Finally, you have found the KuCoin API Key
How to fix the “KuCoin this API Key was disabled” issue?
In case you are getting an “API key was disabled” issue in your KuCoin account then you need to apply the tips that are given below to fix the issue:
- Clear data and cookies on your browser and KuCoin mobile app while trading using KuCoin API key details
- Check whether your mobile or computer is connected to the secured internet connection before starting the trade on the KuCoin exchange
- Affirm that the API key is correct and that it is verified on your KuCoin account
- If KuCoin servers are down then you need to wait for a short while and let the issue be fixed
Where to find KuCoin API Passphrase?
If you have created a KuCoin API key then you must have the passphrase details as well. However, you can also find it by visiting the API key management page:
- Open the KuCoin app or visit the KuCoin.com site using a browser
- Now, head to the ‘API key management’ page to proceed
- Here, you get to the ‘Find API Passphrase’ option
- Now, you have found the KuCoin API key passphrase details
To sum up, the API key is an advanced feature in your KuCoin account that let you perform algorithmic trading easily and quickly. You can create the KuCoin API key in your account by visiting the KuCoin API Management page. Make sure to note down the API key passphrase details carefully as you may not be recover it after losing it. To create an API key in your KuCoin account, you need to verify the KuCoin two-factor authentication and email. So, make sure your mobile number is active and it has proper network coverage to avoid the issue. For now, we confirm that this article has given you the knowledge to create an API key in your KuCoin account.