Are you looking for ways to change or reset the password for your Coinbase account? Well, first of all, it is a good idea that you are thinking to reset the password as it keeps your account updated and there are more chances to stay safe from scammers. You need to understand that if your current password is weak then you might wish to change it to something stronger and unique. However, if you have forgotten the coinbase wallet password then you will be unable to change the password, you can only reset it. In addition to this, you have to access the email that is registered with your Coinbase login account. Through this guide, we will explain to you all along the process to change or reset the Coinbase password. So, if you are a beginner then this article will help you right away. Let us begin to understand the process to change or reset the Coinbase password.
What is the process to reset the Coinbase password?
Have you ever thought of a situation wherein you are unable to remember the Coinbase password? It is a frustrating situation though but the only solution to this is to reset the account’s password. There are some new users who don’t know how to reset the password, if you are also one of them then this section will show you the way to reset the password for the Coinbase account. So, let us get started:
- To begin with, you have to visit the “Password reset” page on the Coinbase account.
- Enter the registered email address and tap on the “Reset password” option.
- Doing this will send an email to your registered email id.
- Tap on the link in the email to open the new password page.
- Enter the new password that you wish to use and tap on the “Confirm” button.
- You will be now eligible to use the new password to Sign in to your account.
Why you are unable to reset the Coinbase password?
For the users, it is important to acknowledge that Coinbase takes a number of steps to make sure that the customer’s account security is intact and secured. The security layers do include strong and unique passwords, two-factor authentication along device verification steps.
The moment a customer tries to attempt to reset the password, then you need to ensure that the request for the same is authentic. This clearly means that the customers can only reset their passwords from the devices that are earlier verified. This requirement enables the users to stay safe against illegal attempts to reset the password.
Coinbase Password requirements and troubleshooting
If the Coinbase password reset not working or you are unable to reset the Coinbase password, then there is a need to :
- Reset the password from a device that you have used previously.
- Reset the password from a known location (IP address).
Point to remember: If you do not have access to the validated device or the IP address then you can get in touch with the customer support team via the Customer support page. The team of experts will assist you with solutions for coinbase not working error.
How to get back the Coinbase account access?
To get back the Coinbase account access here are the steps that you need to follow:
- To begin with, visit the Settings section and click on the sign out.
- Now reopen the Coinbase wallet app and select the “I already have a wallet” option.
- Just select the “Restore” option from Google Drive or restore it with the recovery phrase.
- Follow the steps and set of instructions to complete the process.
Change Coinbase password on app
To change coinbase password here are the steps that you need to consider:
- Visit the Password reset page.
- Enter the email address linked with the Coinbase account.
- Select the “Reset password” option to receive the email.
- Now enter the new password in the “Choose a password and confirm the password fields” option.
- After this, you need to select the option labeled “ Update password”.
- You can easily sign in with your new password.
Coinbase password reset no email
- First of all, go to the account access page and follow the steps to update your email address.
- Sign in using the previous email credentials.
- Enter the 2 step verification pin.
- Now, tap on the “I no longer have access to my email address” button on the screen.
- Enter the new email address when prompted.
- Confirm the new email address and click on the blue button.
- Enter the 2 step verification code and select the ID type.
With the end of this topic, we hope that you are now known to the instructions in need if you are thinking to change your coinbase password. However, if you are still unable to process the steps for coinbase account recovery, then you are recommended to visit the official website and get assistance from the experts.