This read is focused on helping you with the difficulty you face while choosing the right side in the fight of Gemini vs Coinbase. These are two very renowned cryptocurrency exchange platforms that offer a lot of exclusive benefits to their users, which can be confusing when it comes to making the decision. You’ll get to know the features of these two exchange platforms, along with security standards, accessing ease, and a lot more. Even though, a lot of their features match, a few differences separate them from each other. Let’s get on with things that you’d need to understand which platform you should choose, after all, investing in cryptocurrencies is a big decision and demands to be the most effective. Before we get on to the Gemini vs Coinbase section, let us first know about them.
The Gemini basics
Gemini is a very renowned cryptocurrency platform that lets users buy, sell, store, and spend their digital currencies on a website and a mobile application. It is so widely known for its exclusive security standards and the ease of use it offers. It has its cryptocurrency known as the Gemini Stable Coin, along with the 40 other cryptocurrency that it supports for trading. It has an added application for making payments and offers an interest-paying savings account since its initial days and a Gemini credit card is said to be put in work.
The Coinbase basics
Coinbase is said to be the leading and the best exchange platform in the United States of America. It is considered to be the most effective and standard route when it comes to new investors. It has its stable-coin (USD) along with offering 50 other cryptocurrencies to the users for trading, investing, and more. In its initial years, Bitcoin was the only cryptocurrency that was made available for trading. However, as time went by, the platform kept on adding several more cryptocurrencies that were said to be compatible with all their decentralized criterion.
Features of the exchange platforms
The traits of these two platforms play a crucial part in the fight of Gemini vs Coinbase. So let’s take a peek.
- Earn interest for your cryptocurrency
- Make retail purchases using your crypto
- Get help with institutional investments
- Get public access to Gemini’s API key
- 50 countries can avail of Gemini services
- Get free crypto for completing crypto projects from videos
- Get newsfeed access to current cryptocurrency updates
- Create your crypto watchlist to get alerts on changing prices
- FDIC insured services (insurance up to $250,000)
- Services are made available in 100 countries over the world
Comparing the two
This section tells you all about the Gemini vs Coinbase front. Let’s see what they are:
- Gemini has a very easy-to-use interface with allowing users to buy, sell, and trade in crypto. It offers public access to the API keys for third-party applications to integrate and applies lower fees for each trade.
- Coinbase offers a very simplified user interface, allows users to exchange and trade in crypto along with available credit card purchases.
- Gemini offers up to 40 different cryptocurrencies including their own Gemini stable coin.
- Coinbase offers 50 different cryptocurrencies along with their stable-coin.
- On Gemini, you can buy, deposit, trade, sell, and withdraw your digital currencies.
- On Coinbase, you can send, receive, buy, sell, and exchange your digital currencies.
- Gemini security features include 2FA through text messages or the Authy App, and digital asset insurance on the Hot Wallet.
- Coinbase has 2FA via text messages or Google Authenticator, cold storage and other multi-signature wallets, and FDIC insurance to all USD balances up to $250K.
Note: All of these comparison points contribute to the Gemini vs Coinbase debate and gives you a better understanding of both platforms.
Gemini vs Coinbase is a very popular topic of discussion. And since both exchange platforms are very effective with their services, sometimes it becomes difficult for crypto investors to choose between them. This read has been focused on helping you get out of that dilemma. All the information tells you why these platforms are so popular but you can now, make an informed decision about choosing the one that suits your need the most.